B2B Influencer Marketing: With Evan Patterson
Evan Patterson speaks on Influencer Marketing, what it is, why and how to use it in a B2B space and includes some resources to point you in the right direction.
Evan Patterson, Content & Community Evangelist at Troops, he’s a creative, outcome-oriented content and community marketing professional with a love of all things SaaS and startups.
“[Incluencer Marketing has] always been a B2C centric ideology and it’s made it’s way to b2b . everything that comes to b2c eventually makes it’s way to B2B “
Finding your influencers
- Consider Cost & ROI
- 50% of Social Media following or more is comprised of your Ideal Client Persona
- Consistently produces content on social media
- Total number of followers is substantial and/or highly engaged
Operationalizing Influencer Marketing
- Per Post
- Monthly or Quarterly Stipend
- Affiliate Marketing-esque
- to include in content & drive traffic to desired locations.
- Use to track signups for products.
- Influencer Marketing Management Platforms
- Such as Grin or Captiv8
What To Track
- Increase Web traffic to site and web conversions as a result of links in content.
- Increased follower count and post impressions on your company’s social media handles.
- Increased engagement on content posted by key employees.
- Increased applicants for candidate pipeline due to improved employer branding