From Reach to Revenue: 15 ABM Use Cases in 15 Minutes with Randi Barshack
Randi goes through examples of 15 ways B2B companies have innovated with ABM to see measurable success.
Randi Barshack is CMO of Rollworks. Marketing leader with expertise in building and scaling the marketing functions to meet rapidly growing revenue goals through initial ramp (single digit $M’s) and expansion stages ($50M+ range). With broad enterprise software experience, I’ve created category ownership in multiple sectors- including AI/Machine Learning, API’s, developer marketing, analytics, IT infrastructure, eCommerce and IoT. Co-founded the first spin-off of SAP and exits include acquisitions by by IBM (TeaLeaf), Intel (Mashery) and Omniture (Mercado).
“ABM at its essence is an objective, data-driven identification of high-value accounts, and engagement of buying committees within those accounts through coordinated marketing and sales efforts to turn them into customers.”
“Leads are great- IF they’re qualified.”
Lessons from 15 ABM Use Cases
- Focus on highest probability accounts for optimal marketing investment.
- Marketing supports rapidly growing sales targets with SDR air cover.
- From no attribution to fully aligned marketing and sales in 90 days.
- Rotated air cover in 90-day cycles of 100-150 accounts at a time to collaborate on booking key meetings.
- Hit the right personas in the account.
- Digital drives ABM at scale with the ability to prioritize based on intent.
- Increase conversion rates of engaged accounts with personalized landing pages.
- Passing the account-based baton to sales teams with account spiking data.
- When engaged key accounts go dark, we ‘wake the dead.’
- With expansion into entreprise market, engage full buying committees in key target accounts.
- Use dynamic TAL to convert free users to paid users.
- Use ABM to drive sign ups and conversions within freemium model.
- ABM saves annual event in face of last-minute cancellation.
- Assure renewal and upsell by including customers in ABM campaigns.