Our services, policies, and procedures align with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
ChatFunnels, as a Data Processor, collects and stores a minimum of Personal Data only as instructed by our Customer, the Data Controller, for the purposes of delivering the ChatFunnels Services.
This page will cover:
- The data we collect and store on behalf of our customers
- How we comply with GDPR with respect to obtaining consents, honoring Data Subject Requests, putting in place the appropriate contracts, and maintaining appropriate safeguards.
- Our sub-processors and what we do to ensure they keep customer data safe.
The Data We Collect and Store.
TLDR: ChatFunnels is generally used to collect the same information you would collect via a “Contact Us” form, but in a conversational and effective manner.
Scope: ChatFunnels collects, processes, and stores firmographic data and Personal Data about people who chat with the Customer via ChatFunnels or who reply to the Customer’s email marketing campaigns, only as directed by the Customer. ChatFunnels does not sell any Contact Data collected on behalf of the Customer or market ChatFunnels Services to the Customer’s site visitors.
Categories of Data Subjects:
- Customer’s end-user customers or prospects
- Customer’s employees or other authorized users or administrators of ChatFunnels
Categories of Personal Data:
- Contact information (company, business email address and phone number)
- IP Address*
- Cookie Data**
- Photographs (we will use photographs of Customer employees if the Customer is routing the chats to them after bot qualification)
*ChatFunnels will only use the IP address for data enrichment, i.e. to determine if it is associated with a business and then give you additional information re: that business such as industry and # of employees.
How we comply with GDPR.
You can configure ChatFunnels to collect consents via chat prior to collecting email address or additional personal data.
ChatFunnels is able to read the consent flag passed from your Consent Management Platform (CMP) and act accordingly.
Per Article 32 of the GDPR and the requirements of the Standard Contractual Clauses, we have in place appropriate technical and organizational measures to keep your data secure. All data is securely stored in Google Cloud Platform. Please visit our Security Page for additional information on how we keep your data secure.
We have in place the appropriate Data Processing Agreements (DPAs) with all vendors and sub-processors that process data on our behalf. Check out the Sub-processor section below for more information on how we vet and contract with our sub-processors.
Honoring Data Subject Rights.
We have processes in place to honor data subject requests. ChatFunnels will export, correct, or delete Contact Data upon request by the Customer. If we receive a request directly from a Data Subject, we will work with the Customer to honor the request.